Life Design Studio for University Educators
Universities across the world, from Cape Town to Cal State, are launching life design experiments small and large, including seminars for hundreds of undergraduates to intimate trainings for staff. Please sign up for our mailing list HERE to keep abreast of future Studios, likely in June of 2019.
Studios invite university teams of 3 to experience life design taught as we teach it at Stanford, and to engage in generative conversation about the many ways they might apply the principles of life design for their students. To get a sense of what universities who attended took away, check out our University Case Studies, linked above!
The Life Design Studio costs $1500 per individual | $4500 for a University team of 3.
WHAT DO WE GET?
- Personalized coaching: we will have an experienced facilitator for all school groups
- Materials: you will have access to our courseflow builder and, thus, all lesson plans, all our slides, recommended class and workshop sequences, and handouts and activities we use.
- nb: All of our materials are licensed under Creative Commons. This means you can share them with your university for educational purposes only, not for profit.
- Post-workshop coaching: we will hold two office hour sessions to workshop the experiments you are trying back at home
- A Higher Ed Life Design Community: access to the hundred other university educators also working in life design
WHO SHOULD APPLY? You need a team of 3 people from your school. We will give preference to diverse teams — meaning folks that represent different roles and areas of your school — and teams with a BIAS TOWARDS ACTION. We learned through our first prototype that both the diversity of contributors and the willingness to dive in to get started were keys to success. All of our schools went home with an experiment to try and every single one of them has tried something, learned, and are now building on that learning. This means we will be looking for you to propose something you want to do and try at your university in your application. The application will take you a few hours to complete, and you will need information from all team members.
WANT TO BE KEPT ABREAST OF ALL LIFE DESIGN STUDIO HAPPENINGS? SIGN UP FOR OUR MAILING LIST HERE.