Life Design Studio for University Educators
Universities across America are launching life design experiments small and large -- from seminars for hundreds of undergraduates to intimate trainings for staff. Applications are now closed for June 2018 Studios, but sign up for our mailing list HERE to keep abreast of future offerings
The Inaugural Life Design Studio in June 2017 brought together innovative university educators in cohorts from fourteen institutions across the US. Williams College, Yale, UC Berkeley, Southern Methodist University, Cornell, New School, Dartmouth, Dayton, Cal State Dominguez Hills and Stanislaus, Trinity College, University of Michigan, Harvard and MIT are launching prototypes of all different shapes and sizes to spread life design across their campuses.
WHAT IS THE LIFE DESIGN STUDIO? We launched our inaugural Life Design Studio in June of 2017 with 14 universities. Educators from innovation labs, career services, and provosts' offices (just to name a few) came together to experience, explore and create life design programs and curriculum. We are taking the learnings from our pilot program to support more schools in building their own life design curriculums in 2018. Attend the studio to see life design taught as we teach it at Stanford, and to engage in generative conversation about the many ways you might apply the principles of life design for your students. To get a sense of what universities who attended in 2017 took away and are now doing back on their campuses, take a look below!
WHAT DO WE GET?
- Personalized coaching: we will have an experienced facilitator for all school groups
- Materials: you will have access to our courseflow builder and, thus, all lesson plans, all our slides, recommended class and workshop sequences, and handouts and activities we use.
- nb: All of our materials are licensed under Creative Commons. This means you can share them with your university for educational purposes only, not for profit.
- Post-workshop coaching: we will hold two office hour sessions to workshop the experiments you are trying back at home
- A Higher Ed Life Design Community: access to the hundred other university educators also working in life design
WHO SHOULD APPLY? You need a team of 3 people from your school. We will give preference to diverse teams — meaning folks that represent different roles and areas of your school — and teams with a BIAS TOWARDS ACTION. We learned through our first prototype that both the diversity of contributors and the willingness to dive in to get started were keys to success. All 14 schools went home with an experiment to try and every single one of them has tried something, learned, and are now building on that learning. This means we will be looking for you to propose something you want to do and try at your university in your application. The application will take you a few hours to complete, and you will need information from all team members.
WANT TO BE KEPT ABREAST OF ALL LIFE DESIGN STUDIO HAPPENINGS? SIGN UP FOR OUR MAILING LIST HERE.